IBM Entry Level Recruitment for Associate Systems Engineers at Hyderabad
Table of Contents - Job - IBM
- Associate Systems Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Not Mentioned –
Not Mentioned –
As per Company Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree
- System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an Associate Systems Engineer you will perform services to clients on hardware and software components. Activities include operation and maintenance of operating systems across multiple platforms, middleware applications, various database technologies, high availability solutions and load balancing. Job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following: operation and maintenance of operating systems and platform support, database administration, capacity planning, performance management, security compliance. Support is also provided for systems management tools which monitor the operational status of the environment.
- Contribute to the development of SOPs and work instructions for the maintenance of IT systems if/as required.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of production and mission critical systems according to SOPs and work instructions.
- Managing servers in VMware Environment.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of servers in Cloud.
- Automate administration tasks.
- Maintain systems documentation and SOPs if and as required.
- Assist in performing upgrades and applying patches in production environments.
- Recommends remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Troubleshoot software and network systems.
- Provide infrastructure system changes.
- Manage and maintain assigned work queues and tickets.
- Perform project-based implementation work as assigned.
- Automation / scripting (Shell, PowerShell, Ansible etc.).
- Create technical documentation and work instructions.
- Regular worklog updates of all assigned tickets.
- Completion of work by assigned due date.
- Perform on call duty system administration according to the further after-hours arrangements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 0-2+ years Windows systems administrative experience supporting the development, test, and production environments.
- 0-1+ years of relevant experience in VMware Environment.
- Knowledge on automation using PowerShell, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux server operating systems.
- Knowledge of server software.
- Understanding of group policy and active directory understanding.
- Understanding of security practices and implementation.
- Knowledge of build and deployment automation.
- Self-directed and able to work independently with a minimum of direction, a self-starter.
- Effective time management, adaptable to changing priorities and capable of managing multiple projects on the same timeline.
- Drives a customer-focused culture, committed to continuous improvement.
- Eager to learn new skills, technology, and software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and problem-solving methodologies.
- MCSE certification, or related education a plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Min 2+ years of experience in Windows server administration.
- Min 1+ years of experience or Knowledge in technologies: Linux (CentOS, RedHat), AWS, Azure – would be an advantage.
- Min 1+ year of experience in PowerShell scripting and support.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply quickly before this Job expires.
Job Tagged in
[ View All ] Skills: Linux, Microsoft Technology, Microsoft Windows, Server Admin, System Admin, VMware
IBM India Private Limited
About Company: At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.