Micron Technology Recruitment for IT MSSQL DATABASE Engineers at Hyderabad
Table of Contents - Job
- IT MSSQL DATABASE Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Not Mentioned –
Not Mentioned –
As per Company Standards
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft SQL server certification preferred.
MS SQL, DBA, Database, Microsoft SQL Server, ITIL, ITSM
Required Skills and Experience
- Work independently based on the mentorship provided by managers.
- Ability to work with team members across disciplines under pressure.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal).
- Solid skills in decision-making, prioritization and negotiation.
- Proven ability in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for.
- Perform research and testing to understand feature usage and standard methodologies
- MS SQL – 3-10 + Years of experience
- Version support for Microsoft SQL server 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019
- Experience implementing and fixing AlwaysOn
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning Transactional Replication architecture in high transaction volume databases
- Experience in query tuning – plan analysis, index analysis and assist developers in refactoring SQL code for better performance
- Experience with partitioning and compression
- Experience using extended events, sqldiag, pssdiag, perfmon, Query Store
- Experience in various methods of disaster recovery
- Knowledge of features SQL Audit, CDC
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for databases.
- This offer of employment is conditioned upon successful completion of applicant procedures, including but not limited to, a successful drug screening and an acceptable criminal background check.
Additional Skills Preferred
- Must be able to work under stress and project deadlines.
- Familiar with ITSM methodologies
- Scripting languages – PowerShell, Python
- SSIS & SSRS
- As an IT Database Administrator (DBA) at Micron Technology, you will work with customers to support the company’s operational, infrastructure, and project needs. You will plan, coordinate, and administer database functions, documentation, upgrades, lifecycle, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and data protection. You will design, implement, and maintain databases in a client/server environment with respect to quality, flexibility, cost, and capacity/performance, redundancy. You will assemble domain knowledge of how the data is used and other metadata useful in the management of large database enterprise Systems.
- This position will be in Hyderabad, India, working in a fast-paced, agile and iterative environment, affording the stability of a global, established and ambitious technology company.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Must be willing to work in 24 x 7 Operational support environment with shift rotation and oncall support.
- Maintain global collaboration with the other Micron IT operations teams and users, both internal and external to I&O
- L2/L3 Incident and problem management
- Vendor cases management
- Maintain Database Uptime SLA.
- Support occasional weekend releases.
- Provide database development and deployment support for company projects.
- Lead the health and the capacity of MSSQL databases.
- Provide operational database support for a multi-site enterprise environment which includes Very Large databases (VLDB), AlwaysOn and Replication
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills
- Meet government and industry compliance requirements.
- Automate, innovate and push database technologies forward.
- Proactive reviewing of system log files, trend analysis, configuration processes.
- Recommend and work with the L4 engineers or Solution Architect on system or architectural changes when needed to improve automation, performance, high availability and scalability.
- Update operational runbook documentation and other documentation for any changes in the environment.
- Continually improve operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics and proactive actions.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply quickly before this Job expires.
Job Tagged in
About Company: Micron memory and storage solutions define what the world can do with data. Our more than 37,000 team members, in 18 different countries, work with countless customers to innovate every day and pursue the products that will shape how we live and work tomorrow.