BBC Recruitment for Software Engineers at Delhi, Last Date – 13 June 2021
Table of Contents - Job
- Software Engineer – South Asia Visual
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Company Benefits / Terms
- Contract: Permanent
- Local terms and conditions apply
- Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in India.
Are you the right candidate?
To be considered for this role you will need
- Excellent front-end web development skills
– HTML. Semantic markup patterns for flexible reuse and accessibility.
– CSS. Good understanding of modern techniques such as Responsive Web Design, flexbox etc but also supporting legacy browsers.
– BUILDING ROBUST EXPERIENCES. Using progressive enhancement and mobile first approaches to create experiences that work everywhere and for everyone.
- Experience in supporting all browsers with core content, ensure compliance with screen readers, in accordance with WAI standards, etc
- Great understanding of UX concerns.
- Experience of working in an agile or collaborative way.
- Familiarity in using GitHub workflows.
- A level of familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud Infrastructure and associated tooling.
- Job Category: Technology, Systems & Delivery
- BBC Region / Division: News & Current Affairs
- BBC Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
- BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences. It uses multiple platforms to reach its audience globally, including TV, digital platforms including social media, AM, FM, shortwave, digital satellite and cable channels.
- We are looking for web developers who are enthusiastic about online journalism to join a BBC World Service Visual Journalism team in Delhi. The World Service Visual Journalism hubs will be made up of an editor, and UX designer and a developer.
- You will be based in Delhi but you will also be a member of a wider international development team and will take part in that community. You will have the freedom to work on locally defined projects, but will be supported by structures and processes that ensure you will have excellent training and development opportunities and are always backed up by a team who will help you produce work to the highest standard.
As the developer in this team you will be responsible for
- Building technical solutions to meet the requirements of the local design and editorial team.
- Assessing the technical feasibility of projects and giving realistic time estimations for the work required.
- Escalating any technical queries and all technical design where new or innovative approaches are being used for review to the wider technical team.
- Working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team and to proactively shepherd new features to live.
- Liaising with the wider Software development team in BBC News to ensure that all deployments to the live servers are peer reviewed and managed via GitHub with a London based Lead Developer across the process.
Instructions to Apply
- Closing Date: 13.06.2021
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Last Date to Apply: 13/06/2021
Job Tagged in
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.