Ciena Recruitment for Software Engineers at Gurgaon
Table of Contents - Job
Ciena Recruitment for Software Engineers at Gurgaon - Job Summary
- Software Engineer 1B
- Bachelors/ Masters of Engineering in Computer Science
- 2–7 years of Software Development Experience in any two of Java/ Scala/ Python involving Web Technologies.
- Working experience in NMS/EMS based Software systems.
- Extensive development experience on Linux OS.
- Excellent understanding of Data Structures and Multi-threading concepts.
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills.
- Excellent Written and Spoken communications skills.
- Exposure to Microservice Architecture based platforms and REST based APIs.
- Understanding of Protocols and Infrastructure in Packet (Layer2) Domain i.e MPLS, G.8032, QinQ.
- Exposure to Elastic Search and Cassandra databases.
- Exposure to Apache Kafka stream processing platform.
- Posted: 7.5.2020
- We are looking for highly skilled Java/Python/Scala programmers / developers to work in Ciena’s NextGen NMS system i.e BluePlanet MCP. BluePlanet MCP is Ciena’s domain controller, automating lifecycle operations of Ciena’s packet and optical networks. Based on Microservices architecture, MCP helps network operators to Plan, provision, and turn up multi-layer services quickly using a highly intuitive interface. MCP marks a strategic shift from legacy network management software, enabling the transformation to open, scalable software control that easily integrates into network operators’ Billing and Operations Support Systems (B/OSS) and Orchestration layers using open REST APIs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a software developer, you would be involved in the following:
– Collaborate in an Agile scrum teams working on the Features for the management and control of Packet Optical Devices of Ciena’s product suite.
– Understanding of requirements from Product Owners/Architects in areas of Packet Technologies like MPLS, G.8032, QinQ, Pseudo wires and implementing them in MCP using Java, Scala, Python.
– Quick Prototyping using newer technologies and open source platforms in Web and NMS domains.
– Create Automated Test Suites for executing test automation of your features.
– Troubleshooting product issues found in System Integration Testing and Customer deployments.
Instructions to Apply
What you can expect from us:
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
Job Tagged in
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes – both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.