Caterpillar Recruitment for Associate Software Engineers at Chennai
Table of Contents - Job
- Associate Software Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Not Mentioned –
Not Mentioned –
As per Company Standards
- This position is for a Windchill JAVA Developer-
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are NOT limited to
- Develop and support custom user interfaces, stylesheets, batch processes, and integrations for the ACM application.
- Provide development expertise to design, code, debug, test, and integrate/implement complex, medium to large-sized programming tasks.
- Work closely with Caterpillar support and development teams to understand processes, systems, and issues related to ACM.
- Prepare and execute product and system testing.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Provide IT support during User Acceptance Testing.
- The Associate Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform.
- This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
- Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
- Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
- Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups.
- The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious.
- The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
- The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply quickly before this Job expires.
About Company: Over the last century we’ve grown with our customers. We’ve changed together as the world has changed: creating, building, problem solving, innovating, testing, servicing and improving. When customers choose our products, services and solutions today, they also gain nearly 100 years of experience and expertise.