COWI Recruitment for Engineering Trainees (Buildings) at Chennai, Last Date – 25 April 2021
Table of Contents - Job
COWI holds a very strong competitive position in the international market for a wide range of multidisciplinary projects within infrastructure – no matter how large or small. Are you interested?
Then join our 4+6 months training program as Engineering Trainee in Buildings followed by a full-time position.
- Engineering Trainee-Buildings
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- Master’s degree (ME/ MTech) in Structural Engineering (pass out year 2020/21)
Professional Qualification Needed
- You have a Master’s degree (ME/ MTech) in Structural Engineering (pass out year 2020/21)
- You must have attended and completed university courses related to Structural design (Buildings)
- You have gained knowledge of design software during studies
- Your understanding of international standards and codes will be an advantage
Personal Competencies Needed
- You have excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- You are a fast learner and ask questions to get things right the first time
- Team orientation including ability to interact and coordinate
- You have a ‘quality first’ mind-set
- You are a team player including ability to interact and coordinate with different departments
- You thrive in an international environment
Training Program Details
- The training program will run over a 10 months period and upon completion the students will have developed capabilities and competencies enabling them to solve complex structural design & modelling tasks on large scale international Buildings projects. They will also develop competencies in the use of commonly used design software’s for such structures. During theirs training, students would also have the opportunity to work on live projects and gets some hands-on experience.
Trainings will cover the topics such as
- International design standards like EuroCode, American & Indian codes etc
- Design software packages and tools including training in Robot, FEM Design, ETABS and SAFE
- Different Material usage and design methods including concrete, steel, timber & precast
- Structural systems & different analysis technics
- Design and analysis of structures under Static & dynamic loading e.g. Gravity, seismic, wind & impact loads etc
- BIM modelling, Quality Management of structural design and drawings
Phase 1: Theoretical Training Sessions (4 Months)
- The selected candidates will go through an internship for 4 months covering theoretical concepts of structural designs. During this phase, students will be paid stipend to cover basic costs.
- Upon completion of Phase 1, an individual evaluation of the performance and ability to learn structural design & modelling will be conducted and successful students will be offered a full-time employment contract with competitive salary package before entering in Phase 2. Students completing Phase 1, the training program will be offered Engineering training certificates.
Phase 2: Practical On The Job Training (6 Months)
- In this phase, on the job training will take place and the students will be working on our building design projects together with our experienced engineers and BIM modellers.
- After successful completion of phase 2, you will be a member of our international engineering team. The training will take place in a modern and international open office environment using state of the art software and hardware.
Instructions to Apply
- Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application by 25th April 2021
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Last Date to Apply: 25/04/2021
With a full set of excellent competencies within Bridge, Tunnelling, Marine, Buildings, Wind Energy and Renewables, combined with local presence and experience, our dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small. We manage our projects from offices located in Scandinavia, UK, Germany, Middle East, SE Asia, India and North America, and promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders across the globe.
Today COWI experiences an increased demand for its services and delivers substantial results. This strengthened position in the market brings a continuous flow of new extensive and challenging projects. Consequently, we are currently seeking Structural Engineers with background in Buildings structures and inviting newly postgraduates (M.Tech) to join our internal Engineering Training Program.
COWI India has more than 300 dedicated staff working within India and are currently involved in a variety of multidisciplinary projects around the Globe.
We combine global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious Building projects, such as:
Design and 3D/4D modelling of project “POSTEN” which includes 200,000m2 offices, hotel apartments and residential towers in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
The extension of Copenhagen Airport with a new 80,000m2 Terminal building.
Health care projects in Denmark and Norway like the 200.000 m² Stavanger Hospital and many more.
We are recognized as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.