Discovery Freshers Recruitment for Software Engineering Interns at Bangalore, Pune, Last Date – 19 November 2021
Table of Contents - Job
- Software Engineering Intern – Summer 2022 (Bangalore/Pune)
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- In addition to academic qualifications, we’re looking for interns who are always curious and have a desire to learn. You’ll need to have great attention to detail, but with a great sense of agility and scope.
- We look for engineers who are meticulous about operational and engineering excellence and take pride in understanding and owning features from design, through to code, testing, and production, while building in logging and testing throughout the journey.
- Balance is important to us; we work hard but think it’s also important to have a good sense of humor and have fun while doing great work!
- Must have at least a 7.5 CGPA.
- Should be graduating in the year 2023.
- Degree In Computer Science or related field.
About the Team
- You’ll join the Discovery DTC Engineering team – we build applications across both frontend platforms and backend services while always maintaining a commitment to operational excellence. Our responsibilities include building world-class apps for our fans and subscribers, building the piping that gets the content to the customer experience, creating and enhancing a suite of applications that power our largest websites, providing the full stack experience for our customers, and more.
- We try to expose early career engineers to a wide range of projects, to help them get a sense for where their interests lie. We then pair them with a range of senior engineers so that they can learn from a mix of experiences. Attributes we look for in all our hires across the team are ownership and leadership. Proactively taking ownership, having a bias for action, curious and always asking why.
Why Intern at Discovery
- In addition to building great products and creating some of the best content in the world, we’ve built a great team and culture! Our program offers unique experiences, with tremendous opportunities for growth. Everyone is passionate about the work we do, and it’s energizing to work on something you authentically care about. Our engineers are some of the most talented in the industry and are excited to mentor and learn from our interns. You’ll have the opportunity to help deliver customer facing, impactful projects and test your theories on the newest technologies and methodologies, while learning from the seasoned pros.
Key Features of the Program
- 1:1 Mentorship: you’ll be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program to ensure you get off to a flying start and continue to meet your development goals throughout.
- Tech Speaker Series: you’ll frequently learn about new technologies and trends and meet and learn from some of the most talented technologists in the industry, both internal and external to Discovery.
- Career Coaching: you’ll receive tailored career advice and guidance from experienced data experts, and leaders who have been where you are, and will share how they have successfully navigated their careers.
- Global exposure: Most of our teams and products have global impact, meaning often our interns are working on projects that impact multiple markets. This provides you with unique insight into solving problems at scale, the nuances between markets and how we leverage technology to provide seamless and consistent quality across our customer experience globally.
- Global Network: By the end of the program you’ll have built a global network of talented Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Analysts, Product Designer, Marketeers and business leaders. You’ll also have an extensive network for peers with whom you will have built great relationships! It’s a small industry and the network you build and the impression you make during the program will be invaluable throughout your career.
- Long-term career prospects: While this is a summer internship, we see this as the start of a long-term relationship. Many of our current employees are prior interns and for developers early in their career Discovery DTC offers unparalleled opportunities. From working on unique and exciting projects, to having global impact and gaining international experience. We’ve also built a fantastic culture, that is truly diverse and inclusive, reflected in creativity and innovation across our products and features. And of course, you’ll work with our talented team; our engineers are among the best in the industry and are excited to mentor and develop the next generation of tech talent!
About the Projects You’ll May Work On
- Projects may include building APIs, SVOD streaming applications, commerce integrations, designing products to prioritize security, developing and improving payment services, and more.
- You’ll get an opportunity to think about scale, resiliency, and how to make your features production ready. We try to expose early career engineers to a wide range of projects, to help them get a sense for where their interests lie. We then pair them with a range of senior engineers so that they can learn from a mix of experiences.
- Previous interns have started making improvements to our production environments within the first two weeks of joining the team. Ultimately, the projects you’ll work on will depend on your areas of interest.
What you need to know about the DTC Summer 2022 Program Application Process
- Our summer 2022 program is 12 weeks long, commencing May – July 2022.
- Our internships are paid opportunities.
- The application deadline is 19th November.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
- Interviewing will take place in the fall of 2021. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Last Date to Apply: 19/11/2021
Job Tagged in
We work at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility, continuously leveraging technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We are building a global streaming video platform and a suite of applications to support all our global Discovery owned brands. These include Discovery+, Food Network Kitchen, Magnolia, GolfTV, MotorTrend on Demand, Eurosport Player, and many more. We build experiences ranging from traditional video streaming, to highly interactive and immersive applications. We build across connected TV, web, mobile and consoles, and are fast, nimble and have fun building world-class products for our iconic brands.