Dorling Kindersley Recruitment for Associate Test Engineers at Noida
Table of Contents - Job
To test CMS based web applications (manual and automation) and be responsible for software planning, scripting, and test execution.
- Associate Test Engineer
Number of Openings
- B.Tech or MCA from an institute of repute
- Testing Tools: QTP 11.0, LoadRunner 8.0, Win Runner 7.5, Selenium 2.4
- Reporting Tools: Quality Center 11.0, Test Director 7.5
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000, Unix
- Databases & Tools: SQL Server 2000, My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i
- Web Servers: MS IIS 6.0, I Planet Sun One, Apache Web Server
- Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, JSP, .NET, J2EE
- GUI Tools: Visual Basic 5.0/6.0
- Experience with Nunit and Data driven framework
- Knowledge of XML, HTML structure and usage of Xpath, CSS
- Knowledge about JMeter or any performance measurement tools
- Sound understanding of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of the Publishing domain and exposure to Books & Journal Workflow
- Knowledge on Enterprise Content Management tools/CMS
- Understanding Client-Server Architecture
- Hands on experience in API Testing
Desired Candidate Profile
- Qualification: B.Tech or MCA from an Institute of repute.
- Experience: 2 to 3 Years of Experience (Preferably in publishing/media).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the Information Technology industry as a QA Tester in Manual and Automation Testing.
- Good knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology.
- Should have performed manual and automated testing using the best tools.
- Extensive experience in Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Expertise in running Test Scripts from Quality Centre/Test Director on different hosts.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, engaging with Lead Developer and other developers in fixing the errors.
- Experience in Bug Tracking and Reporting using Test Director/HP Quality Centre.
- Strong skill in Backend Testing using SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Have excellent skills in VB scripting and should have written many re-usable VBScript functions to automate the application.
- Proficient in all phases of Test Life Cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect lifecycle.
- Should have created automated Test scripts using automated tools and ran the test scripts on various Builds and instances.
- Experience in Manual Testing and Testing Methodologies.
- Experience in Stress Testing/ Performance Testing.
- Good Experience on tools like Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium, using Java
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Good at multi-tasking and working well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Very strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Expertise in analyzing User Requirements, Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting, project management and problem solving skills.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply quickly before this Job expires.
Dorling Kindersley Publishing Pvt Ltd
From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.