Expedia Freshers Recruitment for Graduate Software Development Engineers at Gurgaon
Table of Contents - Job
Do you want to power the future of travel? Are you looking for a Graduate Program that’ll enable you to make a positive impact, strengthen connections, and bridge divides across the world? Then come and help us to bring people together through travel technology, while jumpstarting your career in Software Development Engineering.
- Graduate Software Development Engineer I – January 2022
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Our Engineering Roles
- We offer multiple Engineering career tracks which you will have the opportunity to express interest for during the application process, which include:
o Core Development – Design, develop and launch Front End, Back End, and Full Stack solutions which impact critical business or e-commerce systems.
o Data Engineering – Design and develop, scalable cloud-native solution that are responsive, resilient. Enjoy the responsibility of owning products, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation
o Machine Learning Engineering – Build ML systems focusing on software engineering principles like CD/CI and code stability and put these ML models into production.
o Security Engineering – Build and maintain the vital enterprise tools and technology we need to meet our security and compliance needs.
o UX Engineering – Focus on dynamic user experience (UX) while also keeping performance at the forefront.
- We pave the route for our early careers talent to go far and fast with accelerated career development. By joining the 2022 Expedia Group Graduate Program as a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be immersed in our Platform Architecture, Tech & Data Stacks, complete two 6-month rotations and discover which part of travel technology excites you the most, before reaching your Destination Role with us.
About the Graduate Program
- Team Rotations: two 6-month rotations within different teams in the same office, to build knowledge across Expedia Group divisions. Contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive impact on travel, all while advancing your career
- Onboarding: 1-week training that covers technical and professional skills, plus an introduction to Expedia Group
- Learning Series: communities, technology talks and regular workshops to build your technical and interpersonal skills
- Leadership Series: opportunities to ask questions directly to our leaders during events, and to learn about their career journeys
- Social Events and Networking: build your network with other Graduates on the program during regular socials and join our Inclusion Business Groups
- Support Network: mentorship from a dedicated structure of Buddies, Mentors, Managers, the Early Careers and the L&D teams
- Benefits: Leisure Travel & Wellness Reimbursement, Travel Discounts, Family & Friends Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, RSUs (Restricted Stock Units)
- Destination Role: after experiencing different teams during two rotations, select a preferred Destination Role to join, with us
What You’ll Do
- Travel is much more than simply reaching your destination. Along the way, you’ll utilise your technical skills, in our agile environment, to develop next-generation technologies through our web applications and e-commerce sites. You will make an immediate impact by crafting scalable solutions, and work with teams to iterate on features quickly and efficiently. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user interfaces for more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of opportunity for technical innovation at Expedia Group.
- As part of our development team, you’ll actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements capturing, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve sophisticated business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support
- Drive technical implementation at the application or product level for small projects
- Supply improvements to solutions for a given problem
- With help from your peers and managers, you’ll resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur and follow through on details and drive issues to closure
Who You Are
- Available to start on January 24th 2022
- Graduated in 2020-2021 with a degree in a technical subject (e.g. Computer Science, Math)
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices is beneficial
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and Object-oriented programming concepts are preferred
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of partners (e.g., internal, external, technical, non-technical people)
Instructions to Apply
- Apply now! Our dedicated early careers team will review your application and suitable applicants will be encouraged to complete an online assessment. If you are successful, you’ll be invited to a final interview. Please let us know on your application if you require reasonable adjustments during the hiring process.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.