GAIN Credit Recruitment for Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Engineering at Chennai
Table of Contents - Job
GAIN Credit Hiring SDET Chennai
SDETs work closely with software developers and Engineering manager/scrum master by being part of the same team. This position involves defining, designing, developing and executing test cases/test suites/test scripts using a variety of technologies with a focus on delivering great quality of the product. SDET will be involved in every step of the development process and know the system end to end. SDET’s shall be focused on test-ability, robustness, and performance. It also involves to play reviewer role in the creation of designs for production software from the testing perspective. Highly skilled and experienced in development as well as testing. SDET shall also participate in test automation tool development which could be used across teams.
- Senior Software Development Engineer in Test – (Sr. SDET – 1/2)
Education / Certifications:
- Any Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent technical degree
- Oracle Java / PCAP certification would be a plus
- Any Technical certification or ISTQB certification would be a plus.
- Scrum Certification would be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development and testing environment (Development (in any language), manual testing and automation testing experience)
- Minimum 3 years of UI testing – Selenium Web driver & any other UI auto tools
- Minimum 2 years into API testing
- Minimum knowledge on ETL, Performance & Security testing
- Experience with SQL / MangoDB database management systems a plus
- Experience with SRUM process is a plus
- Organization Grade: 3.1 / 3.2
- Department: Engineering
Reporting Relationships: Senior Manager / Senior Test Architect
Cross Functional Relationships: IT, Product Management, UX, Marketing, Analytics and Operations
- Basically, this position is for the base / component testing team across the sprint team. Majorly accountable with the automation infra structure & new implementations. Apart from this, following are required R&R for this candidature.
- Dev Prospective
– Strong problem-solving situations, object-oriented design and coding skills
– Strong understanding of computer fundamentals & data structures
– Demonstrated experience in writing clean code quickly
– Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, developing new tools & services
– Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
– Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; ability to gather and analyse information skillfully
– Able to develop alternative solutions that demonstrate innovative and analytical approaches to resolutions
- STLC / TC – LC / BLC / Agile Activities
– Responsible to check the feasibility of user stories that could be automated or if there are some cases that has to stay as manual due to any limitation(s)
– Responsible for understanding, designing, creating the test scenarios / cases with help of testing pyramid for UI, API, batch jobs (If possible – performance & security) across all the user stories
– Responsible to do proper sizing / estimating of the user stories in respective sprint ceremonies
– Responsible for providing technical expertise, e.g. proper use of testing techniques in appropriate cases
– Responsible for monitoring / creating test data / dump preparation for execution
– Responsible for identifying the bugs and logging into Jira with complete details
– Responsible to follow defined BLC to verify the fixes & guiding the fellow team members
– Responsible for reviewing manual test-cases / scenarios which was contributed by the team & signed off from PO
– Responsible in updating test cases based on the discovered defects
– Responsible for bug classification & analysis
- ALC / CI
– Responsible for Automating current sprint user stories with defined DOD
– Responsible to do peer reviewing code / Automated cases done by the team
– Responsible in enhancing the existing automated tests of CI pipeline
– Responsible to debug the code on auto fixes
– Running CI suites, analyzing the results, escalating issues on time, Reporting the bugs accurately with complete level of details
– Responsible for CI Post mortem
- QA Metrics / Documentation
– Responsible to share Test coverage / Defect metrics @ Release / Monthly – Metrics
– Responsible to contribute for QA Practices docs are created, updated and maintained regularly
– Majorly responsible to Create – Test plans, Test sign off & other testing related documents for all the releases
- General Testing Practices & Governance
– Sharing knowledge via QA training session
– Responsible to communicate across the teams & get the common QA testing practices & governance’s
– Able to identify issues/risks in the work assigned early in the cycle.
– Responsible to evaluate existing testing process and suggest improvements in terms of adoption of new approaches which shorten test cycles, improve quality
- Innovations / Learning curve
– Participating / Creating in quick POC’s, Tool evaluations & quick implementations on new concepts
– Contribution for automation framework for different taxonomy of testing
– Learning new technologies / tools & sharing to the fellow testing community
Tools & Technologies:
- Very Strong knowledge & hands on experience in Python / Java / any 3rd generation languages)
- Strong Experience with UI Automation tools like Selenium, TestNG, Build tools & API Clients – Rest Assured, OKclient. HTTPClient, Pyrest Test, Siseta & Request etc
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.