IBM Recruitment for Automation Test Engineers at Bangalore
Table of Contents - Job - IBM
- Automation Test Engineer
- Any Graduate
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Test automation with Java/Scala in high volume data engineering projects
- Deep understanding in developing test scripts using tools like Selenium with Gherkins/ Cucumber frameworks
- Proficient in database fundamentals and exposure to complex SQLs. (DB2/Oracle/MySQL)
- Hands-on experience with atleast one programming language (preferably Scala/ Java/ Python)
- Experience working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents for cloud-native applications with high volume data processing to create detailed, comprehensive test plan
- Experience as Test Automation Specialist and act as Data Steward while being able to prepare test data with necessary support from BA/PO
- Experience with source control management tools (GitHub, Jenkins)
- In-depth experience with using Agile lifecycle management tools like Jira
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good to have expertise in programming languages like Java or Scala
- Familiarity with Agile development along with experience in Cloud infrastructure like IBM cloud
- Hands on experience with Data Analysis & Querying using SQLs and considerable exposure to ETL processes.
- Expertise in testing Cloud native applications with High Volume Data processing.
- Familiarity with load testing for multiple microservice components
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an Automation Test Engineer, you will build test plans, test scenarios and test data to support development projects and project requirements and design documents
- An ambitious, self-directed individual, who can work proactively to march towards agreed targets and goals, ability to handle challenges and uncertainties. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. You will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
- Execute test cases/scripts/scenarios on schedule (Functional, Systems Integration, and Regression Testing), and open defects as needed
- Your proficiency is measured based on production stability and the number of defects
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for test-ability, and use suitable cases for automation
- Develop/build test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reusability for regression
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate data centric applications
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite
- Provide test execution reports
- Work closely with architects to analyze the end-to-end scenarios, gather requirements, and design the test cases that needs to be automated
- Maintain automated scripts utilizing the existing framework, adhering to coding standards
- Suggest/explore alternate tools for automation to bring-in more productivity and coverage
- Participate in troubleshooting and drive root cause analysis and resolution
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
Job Tagged in
IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances.
IBM has been expanding its footprint in India – and has a presence in over 200 cities and towns across the country – either directly or through its strong business partner network. IBM India has clearly established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry – and continues to transform itself to align with global markets and geographies to grow this leadership position. Widely recognised as an employer of choice, IBM holds numerous awards for its industry-leading employment practices and policies.
The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
To know more about business units at IBM India, click on the “About Us” link above.