IBM India Recruitment for Mainframe Developers at Bangalore
Table of Contents - Job - IBM
- Mainframe Developer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You possess good development knowledge in a mainframe environment using PL/1, Cobol and DB2 on Host/ Mainframe.
- You can design, implement and analyze OPC cycles.
- You have extensive experience in system test while applying DevOps with touchless deployment and automatic testing.
- You have experience on data warehousing and ETL concepts.
- You have good experience in using SQL.
- You had exposure to designing database models to store structured & unstructured data efficiently and in creating effective reports or dashboards.
- You have good experience, exposure on Agile Methodologies.
- You have good communication skill and fluent in English.
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise: None
- Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Who You Are
- As a Mainframe Developer you are responsible for developing new system functionality, providing system maintenance & enhancements, and running and protecting the business by providing support for critical applications.
- As part of a squad you will play a vital role with your Stakeholder, Product Owner, Data and Design teams in designing and developing business critical functionality for our IBM internal analytics solutions.
What You Will Do
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to develop Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Assemble large, complex data sets including legacy structured Data warehouse that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You will receive extensive possibilities to develop your software skills beyond current skill level and the ability to receive certifications.
- Be part of open, transparent agile teams who always thrive for continuous learning and contribute towards continuous improvement.
How We’ll Help You Grow
- Opportunities to work closely with our industry, technical and functional leads.
- Excellent platform to drive end-to-end business and process transformation.
- Access to IBM’s business and management related education.
- Constructive mentorship and career progression options.
- Category: Software Development & Support
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Contract Type: Regular
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
Job Tagged in
IBM India Private Limited
We at IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals – a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process delivery following Agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of Digital Reinvention of key applications used within IBM providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
CIO mission is to create a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that run the business, and Innovating to transform the business. Key focus areas are to secure the Enterprise in network security, endpoint security and data security.
Transform IBM and improve collaboration and practice a culture of agile way of working.
Within the CIO, we do represent the Analytic Solutions area of the Sales & Marketing Systems. Our Mission is to provide business insights to our partners in sales and marketing to win in the marketplace through analytics solutions delivered using latest technology and based on real time, consolidated and cloud-based data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.