IHS Markit Recruitment for Associate Software Engineers at Gurgaon
Table of Contents - Job
- Associate I Software Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- BTech/ MTech/ MCA degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Working knowledge in one of the J2EE – Application Servers listed below Weblogic, IBM Websphere, JBoss / Tomcat with good knowledge in Java 6/7/8.
- Working knowledge of one of the Messaging Systems listed below: JMS, MQ, Tibco.is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates ability to implement new web service clients (bottom-up and top-down approaches) and compose/use other web services.
- Uses best practices during web services implementations and works with the following standards: WS-I standards (interoperability), Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC), JAX WS, REST, SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
- Beginner level proficiency in Oracle – (PL/SQL).
- Diagnosis skills & knowledge of refactoring techniques is an added advantage.
- Understands J2EE design patterns, GoF, GRASP and other design patterns.
- Date Posted: 16.7.2020
- Job Category: Development
- Development teams with in IHS-Markit consists of senior developers, developers and architects who together are responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the market-leading Software products. Development teams have well established & tailored software development life cycle (SDLC) for software development. This SDLC is followed to deliver planned releases from product roadmap to existing and new clients. These products use the core technologies like Java 1.6, J2EE (EJB, JMS, MDB), Oracle (9i, 10g), MQ and XML, running on a variety of operating systems and middleware products.
- We are looking for Developers to join the development team, to design and implement the next generation of features for the application as well as support clients in their implementation phase. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role. We work in niche business domain is highly complex, and an interest in the business domain is a necessity for the role. The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development lifecycle.
- Ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project lifecycle pre and post go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams – support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & adoption of new technologies and tools within the Development team and across the organisation to provide productivity, efficiency and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge to members of the Development and wider organisation.
- Agent of constant improvement – within development and across organization.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
We bring together the deepest intelligence across the widest set of capital-intensive industries and markets. By connecting data across variables, our analysts and industry specialists present our customers with a richer, highly integrated view of their world.
That is the benefit of The New Intelligence. We’re able to isolate cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways that empower our customers to make well-informed decisions with greater confidence.
IHS Markit is a dynamic team that includes more than 5,000 analysts, data scientists, financial experts and industry specialists. Our global information expertise spans numerous industries, including leading positions in finance, energy and transportation.