IHS Markit Recruitment for Associate Software Engineers (Java, Angular) at Gurgaon
Table of Contents - Job
- Associate I Software Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Company Benefits / Terms
What You’ll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can’t do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
- BTech/ MTech/ MCA degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
Personal Competencies & Personal impact:
- Good knowledge in Java 8 & above
- Demonstrates ability to implement new web service clients (bottom-up and top-down approaches) and compose/use other web services
- 1+ years of Angular development
- NodeJS experience is a plus
- Experience in Spring Boot application
- Beginner level proficiency in Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres – (PL/SQL)—Postgres is a plus
- Diagnosis skills & knowledge of refactoring techniques is an added advantage
- Understands J2EE design patterns, GoF, GRASP and other design patterns
- Tooling/Testing: Knowledge of Unit testing using JUNIT, Cactus or mock objects
- Working knowledge in SVN, branching, code management
- Demonstrates ability to use an IDE
- Understands fundamentals of JVM memory management
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Aware of Test Driven Development & Continuous Integration
- Communication: Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of development best practices are critical to successful performance in this role
- Teamwork: Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience in Agile development methodology is preferred
- Reporting to: Development Lead
- Date Posted: 21.5.2020
- Job Category: Development
- We are looking for a Developer to join the development team, to design and implement the next generation of features for the application as well as support clients in their implementation phase. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role. We work in niche business domain is highly complex, and an interest in the business domain is a necessity for the role. The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
Duties & Accountability:
- Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development life cycle.
- Ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project life cycle pre and post go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams – support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & adoption of new technologies and tools within the Development team and across the organization to provide productivity, efficiency and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge to members of the Development and wider organization.
- Agent of constant improvement – within development and across organization.
- Management Requirements: Strong inter-personal skills required with ability to multitask and prioritize work.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.