Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Recruitment for Engineer Trainees at Bangalore, Last Date – 10 May 2021
Table of Contents - Job
- Engineer Trainee (Electronics)
- Essential: BE/ BTech in Electronics Engineering or equivalent from a reputed University/ Institution. Candidate should have fairly good knowledge of analog electronics as well as having exposure to microcontrollers & FPGA.
- Desirable: Familiarity with Linux and Windows, C, C++ and Labview, PCB design software, OrCAD, Altium etc
Linux and Windows, C, C++ and Labview, PCB design software, OrCAD, Altium
- Online applications are invited from eligible young, bright and highly motivated individuals are for Engineer Trainee (Electronics) position to work for Prototype Segmented Mirror Telescope (PSMT)/ National Large Optical Telescope (NLOT) related project.
Nature of the work
- Indian astronomical community requires a large optical-NIR telescope. However, building a telescope of 10m or larger is possible, only if the primary mirror is made of small mirror segments. In order to get acquainted with the segmented mirror technology, a pilot project to develop a 1.3 meter size Prototype Segmented Mirror Telescope (PSMT) has been initiated at IIA.
- The PSMT will have all kinds of subsystems one can expect in any large telescope made of segmented mirrors. The proposed prototype telescope will use seven hexagonal mirrors, which will be supported by simple mirror support system and driven by indigenously developed voice coil based actuators. We also plan to make use of in-house developed inexpensive inductive edge sensor.
- The entire development activities are divided into two phases. In the first phase, a seven segments laboratory test bed will be developed. Whereas, in the second phase the full-fledged telescope will be realized. The Electronics Engineer is expected to contribute in testing indigenously developed actuator as well as edge sensors. Shortly, the test bed of the PSMT phase-I will be ready and candidate has to work in implementing primary mirror control system as well as testing it. However, in the long run, Engineer Trainee need to work for developing a mount control of the PSMT phase-II, of Alt/Az telescope.
Instructions to Apply
- The last date for receipt of online application is 10 days from the date of publishing of advertisement in IIA Website.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Last Date to Apply: 08/05/2021
Job Tagged in
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
About Company: Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Union Territory of Ladakh.