Informatica Recruitment for Software Engineers at Bangalore
Table of Contents - Job
Informatica Job Software Engineers Bangalore
- Software Engineer
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- BE/ MS/ BTech/ MTech/ MCA in Computer Science
- BE/ MS/ BTech/ MTech/ MCA in Computer Science
- 0 to 3 years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Object oriented design and programming
- Strong programming skills (C/ C++/ VC++/ Java) and exposure to multi-threaded development
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming
- Hands on experience with IDEs
- In-depth knowledge of database and transactions
- Excellent debugging skills on Linux and Windows
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced challenging environment
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background will be an advantage
- Informatica PowerCenter accelerates on-prem data integration and data warehouse projects. Our team is primarily responsible for sustenance of several significant revenue generating maintenance products.
- The sustenance engineering team focuses on customizing of products with respect to the PowerCenter releases, minor feature enhancement, operating system and product updates, bug fixes, security fixes and patches which involve testing and QA services.
- We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on product enhancements and bug fixes.
- You will work on delivering minor product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems.
- You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customer with consistent functionality across multiple products.
- Travel Requirement: Limited
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking to hire an engineer who has worked on developing or sustenance engineering of large scale data management or database products. The candidate should relish the opportunity to work on enhancing, optimizing and improving data processing performance across different use cases of the above mentioned products.
- The candidate should be attentive to detail and accuracy, be committed to excellence, should look for improvements continuously, monitor quality levels, find root cause of quality problems, own/act on quality problems. We are looking for someone who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. The candidate should be able to communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution.
As an integral part of the Sustenance Engineering team you will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Debugging the product to identify the bug fixes
- Writing high quality code using your in-depth knowledge of C++ and Java
- Understanding impact of work on the features and product
- Planning for effective execution to meet the stringent timelines
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Co-ordinating with L2 and L3 support for application bug/ enhancement requirement
- Ensuring high quality of all development work; following development process without guidance, but with reviews
- Taking ownership and responsibility while keeping management well-informed
- Following standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and driving the delivery of enhancements and bugfixes
- Taking ownership for feature enhancements for the products mentioned earlier
- Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform feature enhancements clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviour of the system
- Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
Job Tagged in
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
As the world’s leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management, Informatica helps accelerate customer’s data-driven digital transformations so that their business becomes a next-generation intelligent enterprise. Our solutions help the customers govern their data holistically so that they stay compliant while fuelling analytics and customer initiatives with quality, protected data. Informatica provides customers the foresight to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, and create new inventions.