Madurai Kamaraj University Recruitment for Research Project Positions at Tamilnadu, Last Date – 1 March 2021
Table of Contents - Job
Call for temporary Research Project Positions
- Lab Technician
- Lab Assistant
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Applications are invited for the following temporary positions to work in a the MKU-RUSA supported research project entitled “Antiquity and Peopling of the Deccan – an Ancient DNA approach”, to work in a collaborative venture between the Dept. of Archaeology, Govt. of Tamil Nadu and School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- PROGRAMMER (1): First class MSc/ MTech / MCA / ME in Computer Applications / Computational Biology / Computer Science / IT / Technology courses. Demonstrated hands-on / work experience / working knowledge / certification in any 2 of the following languages is mandatory: Perl, Python, R. Emolument @ Rs. 40,000 pm.
- BIOINFORMATICIAN (1): First class MSc/ MTech in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology or related branch. Candidates with hands-on experience in Genomic Data analysis and familiarity with at least a relevant programming language would be preferred. Selected candidate would be encouraged to register for Ph.D as per the regulations of MKU. Emolument @ Rs. 30,000 pm.
- LAB TECHNICIAN (1): First class MSc/ MTech in Biotechnology / Zoology / Genetics / Genomics / Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Microbiology or related branch of life sciences. Candidates with Hands-on experience in Molecular Biology would be preferred. Emolument
@ Rs. 25,000 pm.
- LAB ASSISTANT (1): A pass in SSLC and Mandatory to have the work experience of cleaning the bio-safety labs for a minimum period of 3 years. Emolument @ Rs. 15,000 pm.
Instructions to Apply
- Last Date to Apply – 1st March 2021
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Last Date to Apply: 01/03/2021
Job Tagged in
Madurai Kamaraj University
The University came into being through a bill passed in the Legislative Assembly of the State in the year 1965. Thus, it is a statutory university owned and funded by the Government of Tamilnadu and the University Grants Commission. This University is a member of Association of Indian Universities and one of the nine universities in India with a status of University with Potential for Excellence. The present Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Alagappa University and Mother Theresa University are the off- shoots of Madurai kamaraj University. As on date, it covers four revenue districts of Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindigul and Theni for its regular academic programme. Currently it holds a total of 77 renowned Departments and 20 Schools. In addition to the Departments and Schools, the University has 21 academic centres and 21 quasi academic supportive units. It has 24 autonomous colleges, 14 aided colleges, 33 self financing colleges, 18 approved institutions, 4 evening colleges, 6 constituent colleges and one University College catering to the higher education needs of large number of students from rural and urban areas.