PayPal Recruitment for Software Engineers at Chennai
Table of Contents - Job - PayPal
- Software Engineer 2
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Not Mentioned –
Not Mentioned –
As per Company Standards
- B.Tech/BS or MS/M.Tech Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
JAVA, Scala, Python, RESTful API
- BTech/BS or MS/MTech degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 3+ Years of experience in building and managing highly scalable, highly available, and performant systems
- Strong knowledge in the fundamentals of computer science and demonstrated ability in applying them to solve real-world problems
- Proficient in one or more of JAVA, Scala, Python, and Go is required
- Outstanding implementation skills is required
- 3+ years of experience in developing and/or enhancing scalable server-side components
- Good OOP skills combined with solid SDLC practices like code reviews, unit testing, integration testing and continuous integration
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills across the whole tech stack – language, databases, web servers and system environment
- Experience with one of the relational databases (Oracle, MySQL) and one of the NoSQL databases is a must
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs is a big plus
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies (Spark, Pig, Hive, Impala/Presto, Druid) is a plus
- Open-source contribution is a plus
- Think out of the box – don’t be afraid to innovate!
- Co-develop & follow best practices related to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) & Agile methods to raise the level of automation and quality in our code repos
- Embrace open-source – either by using it, extending it, or inventing new projects
- Share your work with the world-at-large via authoring blogs & articles, contributing to open source projects, and by speaking internally (and external to PayPal)
- Balance all of this against the need to execute
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply before the Job URL expires.
Job Tagged in
About Company: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.