PowerSchool Recruitment for Systems Engineers at Bangalore
Table of Contents - Job - PowerSchool
PowerSchool Systems Engineers Bangalore
- Systems Engineer (Services)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or certification indicating formal training in the design, analysis, deployment, integration, optimization, and troubleshooting, of software technology
Data Center Operations, Windows Server, Microsoft IIS, MS SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, PowerShell Scripting
- To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or certification indicating formal training in the design, analysis, deployment, integration, optimization, and troubleshooting, of software technology.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in data center operations, focused on troubleshooting enterprise class software systems.
– Certification and/or work experience administering and troubleshooting Windows Server, Microsoft IIS, MS SQL Server, Apache Tomcat. OpenVMS is a bonus!
– Advanced PowerShell scripting capabilities
– Have knowledge of programming language concepts (ie. Java, .NET, T-SQL,) in order to understand our applications’ various components and how they interface
– Superior diagnostic, troubleshooting, service skills.
– A desire to resolve the root cause of issues and not fix the symptoms
– Work within a remote team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment
– Ability to work concurrently on cases of varying size/scope, complexity, and duration
– Strong attention to accuracy and detail
– Ability to work outside of defined business hours on an as needed basis
- The Systems Engineer proactively manages the atrieveERP server applications and related components both in our Hosting data center and on-premise customer sites for 110+ customers. This is achieved by monitoring system and software operations, resolving incidents, and taking proactive steps to ensure optimal performance of our solution, including upgrading of software components.
- The focus of this role is to ensure our Enterprise Resource Planning software is operating optimally, and will require technical skills, experience and creativity to investigate problems within our software and our technology platforms, such as Apache Tomcat or Microsoft IIS. The primary focus of this role is software management for business-critical systems, and it does not have a hardware focus – you will not be configuring hardware, such as routers or servers.
- The role uses your understanding of industry best practices, current and emerging technologies, and system requirements to optimize the atrieveERP applications for best performance and also assist in managing and resolving reported incidents.
- The role supports opportunities for process improvement, re-engineering, and automation to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Manage atrieveERP software and related server components in our data center and on-premise, through pro-active monitoring and incident management.
– Apply required software updates to our hosted applications, and any related server components, such as Tomcat, IIS, Java, etc
– Troubleshoot and solve complex software and related technology incidents to restore production system availability
– Review root cause of incidents and apply continuous improvement to eliminate future occurrences
– Apply software updates to ensure on-premise and hosting server environments are operating on current versions and meet standards
– Create and implement automated processes to monitor and respond to server events for on-premise customers using tools such as PowerShell and N-Central
– Document all work to troubleshoot and resolve an incident
– Contribute to hosting operations playbook
– Work on special projects as needed; other related duties as assigned
– Application works – how to troubleshoot
– Troubleshoot tomcat, web related technology
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.