Press Council of India Recruitment for Assistant Section Officers, Junior Translation Officers at New Delhi, Last Date – 1 February 2021
Table of Contents - Job
- Assistant Section Officers
- Junior Translation Officers
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
Assistant Section Officer
- Minimum: Bachelor Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
– Post Graduate degree from a recognized University
– Degree in Law from a recognized University
– Degree Diploma in Journalism / Mass Communication
– Knowledge of additional Indian Language apart from English / Hindi
Junior Translation Officers
- Master’s degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level
Master’s degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level
Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level
Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at the degree level
Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa or two years’ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government office, including Government of India Undertaking
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens to fill up the vacancies for the posts in Press Council of India
- Assistant Section Officer (Group B Non-Gazetted) Level 6
- Junior Translation Officer (JTO) Level 6 as per 7th CPC
Instructions to Apply
- The eligible and interested persons are required to submit their application in the attached performa alongwith self-attested copies of the certificates, date of birth, experience, etc. to the Secretary, Press Council of India, Soochna Bhawan, 8 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 latest by 1st February 2021.
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.
Note: Please apply quickly before this Job expires.
Press Council of India
The Press Council is headed by a Chairman, who has by convention, been a retired judge of the Supreme Court of India. The Council consists of 28 other members of whom 20 represent the press and are nominated by the press organisations/news agencies recognised and notified by the Council as all India bodies of categories such as editors, working journalists and owners and managers of newspaper and news agencies, five members are nominated from the two Houses of Parliament and three represent cultural, literary and legal fields as nominees of the Sahitya Academy, University Grants Commission and the Bar Council of India. The members serve on the Council for a term of three years. A retiring member shall be eligible for renomination for not more than one term.
The Council is funded by the revenue collected by it as fee levied on the registered newspapers in the country on the basis of their circulation. No fee is levied on newspapers with circulation less than 5000 copies. The deficit is made good by way of grant by the Central Government.