Walmart Labs Recruitment for Mainframe Engineers at Chennai
Table of Contents - Job
- Mainframe Engineer III
Job ID / Advertisement No.
Number of Openings
- Experience in Estimation process and practices
- Experience in Pre Sales and Due Diligence
- Good Verbal and Written communication
- Domain exposure in FSS or Retail or Healthcare
- Direct experience with clients across multiple countries
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Go-getter with ability to work without support and lead team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Solid knowledge of z-platform and z/OS technologies in terms of hardware and operating systems
- Application development and control of mainframe architecture, middle-ware and tooling
- Hands on experience on IDz/RDz/Aqua and similar tools
- Solid exposure to CICS, and/or CICSplex and batch technology from technical development perspective,
- Strong Application programming experience in JCL, REXX, at least two traditional mainframe languages (COBOL, PL/1, Assembler etc.) and exposure to Java / Python / Spark / Scala
- Experience on and Debugging Tools & usage of APA / ADFz
- Database skills – DB2 on z/OS and datasharing along with any other non RDBMS (Preferably in IMS DB)
- Conversant with more than one SCM for z/OS
- Exposure to File transfer utilities and softwares, WebSphere MQ and queue sharing,
- Experience in Workload Schedulers
- Knowledge with Unicode, WebSphere Application Server on z/OS
- zLinux / ZOWE awareness
- Experienced in mainframe DevOps with DBB, GIT, UCDz, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Exposure to SDLC and Agile
- Quality Process and Metrics analysis for Application migration
Role & Responsibility:
- Hands-on Mainframe with rich technical expertise on mainframe, customer facing and pre-sales experience along with good understanding of new-age mainframe languages & tools.
- Should be presently hands-on in working on Mainframe.
- Should have deep interest and passion for technology.
- Department: Sam’s Club Supply Chain – India
- Posted On: 13.4.2020
- Skills Required: Mainframe
- Desirable Skills: Azure
- Designation: Senior Software Support Engineer
How to Apply ?
Please read all job details clearly and apply exactly as mentioned below only if you meet eligibility criteria.